KAIROS Live Video Production Platform
The Power to Craft Every Moment
The KAIROS live production platform is a revolution in how live video content is created. Achieving flexibility in all levels of production unlike any existing hardware-based systems, KAIROS breaks new ground for live video production.
Introduction to the KAIROS System
The word “Kairos” describes the opportune moment in time and space to make a decision or to deliver an argument; the moment you have the clarity to move forward. This is the KAIROS moment.
KAIROS is a live production platform that gives professionals unlimited control to deliver rich content for broadcast, large screen display and live streams. KAIROS adds ST 2110 to its standard baseband and streaming connectivity for unparalleled input/output flexibility that pairs perfectly with the content creation flexibility of its GPU/CPU processing. The user will simply see an intuitive layer-based interface, and powerful content creation with a quick learning curve.
Key Benefits of the KAIROS Solution
KAIROS is the ultimate IT/IP platform solution that gives you unlimited control to unleash your creative vision and craft amazingly immersive experiences. KAIROS is more than a typical switcher as it frees you from the constraints of a traditional hardware-based system. KAIROS offers unrestricted flexibility of input, output, and operation for the efficient production of live video that captivates audiences. Here are the key benefits of deploying the KAIROS solution for your live video processing needs.
Creative freedom of layer-based content creation
- Unlimited number of scenes (MEs) and layers (keys) for complex video composition.
- Priority changes simply by switching between front and back layers.
- Cropping, resizing, and color correction are available for each layer.
- X/Y, size, resolution, color theme, and macro can be set for each scene.
- Scene files can be created in advance, duplicated, and reused.
- Layer material and scene output can be assigned to cross-point buttons.
- Intuitive and easy-to-understand GUI for simple operator training.
Multi-screen, Format-free "CANVAS"
- Produce video in unconventional aspect ratio formats without a multi-screen processor.
- Output to multiple screens in multiple aspect ratio formats and resolutions from a single mainframe.
- Canvas function with a maximum capacity of 32MP eliminates the need for external equipment and provides the ability to composite all sources with minimal latency for dynamic LED shows.
Flexible I/O and Video Formats
- Directly input ST 2110, NDI IP signals and SRT/RTMP/RTSP/RTP streaming signals without conversion
- Different resolutions, frame rates and interlaced/progressive video can be input directly without any video format conversion.
- Output signals can be adjusted flexibly with parallel output of multiple video formats
- Native ST 2110 system supports transitions to live IP workflows and can eliminate dedicated hardware constraints.
- Supports native connection to NDI equipment, minimizing system setup and reducing points of failure.
- Smart delegation allows all functions to be assigned to a panel and dynamically recalled, streamlining the production workflow by providing access to all technical director functions from the panel.
- Four independent, fully customizable Multi-Views enable sharing of video resources within the production team to streamline and decentralize operations.
- Seamless workflow with tally and device controls not only for Panasonic cameras but also with alliance partner equipment
Native REMI Production
- Connect Multiple control panels to one mainframe over IP for multi-operation.
- Independent uncompressed clip stores, clip players, and stills allow users to create their own playlists with instantaneous access eliminating the need for external devices.
- KAIROS can be accessed and controlled using the Kairos Creator enabling remote operation and resource sharing even when operators are not on-site or in the studio
- Centralized control of Panasonic PTZ cameras and third-party equipment.
- Supports low latency and high-quality SRT for native remote production.
Open Architecture for Collaboration and Reliability
- Expanding functionality through ongoing software updates and new options.
- Open architecture for easy integration with third-party equipment and systems.
- Potential future developments through collaboration with KAIROS Alliance Partners
- Customized Linux OS running on industrial hardware for the utmost reliability
KAIROS Cloud-Based Solution
Panasonic Connect has been working with a growing list of industry partners to give broadcast professionals more ways to leverage cloud technologies. The Global Live Control Room combines the capabilities of Panasonic’s KAIROS and LiveX’s Virtual Video Control Room (VVCR) to offer a turn-key, hybrid solution, that allows productions to route all cloud applications to VVCR and all on-premise gear to KAIROS. To further expand capabilities, Panasonic Connect has also partnered with Singular Live, Videon, Scoreboard OCR and Telos Infinity® VIP. Through these partnerships, the Global Live Control Room will include switching, ISO recording, intercom, playback, graphics, and more.
KAIROS System Components & Configuration
Here are the key components of the KAIROS live video processing system solution.
- 4K Option (AT-SF001 Software Key)
- I/O Option (AT-SF002 Software Key)
- Canvas Option (AT-SF003 Software Key)
- NMOS Option (AT-SFE03 Software Key)
- Audio Mixer Option (AT-SF005 Software Key)
- RossTalk Option for XPression (AT-SFE01 Software Key)
Comparing the KAIROS Core Mainframes
|3G SDI Base Band In /
ST 2110 in
|Up to 32 (with AT-SF002 I/O option)||32/32||32/64*|
3G Base Band Out/
ST 2110 out
|Up to 16 (with AT-SF002 I/O option)||16/20||16/40*|
|4K SDI Base Band UHD In/ ST 2110 in||Up to 8/up to 8 (with AT-SF002 I/O option)||8/8||16/16*|
4K UHD Base Band Out/
ST 2110 out
|Up to 4 / Up to 4 (with AT-SF002 I/O option)||5/5||8/10*|
|RTP/RTMP/RTSP/SRT||6 in, 2 Out, HD only
(RTSP input only)
|8 in, 2 Out, HD only (RTSP input only)||8 in, 2 Out, HD only (RTSP input only)|
|NDI||2in, 2 out, HD Only||2in, 2 out, HD Only||2in, 2 out, HD Only|
|Canvas||Optional (up to 8K, 32Mpixels)||Up to 8K, 32Mpixels||Up to 8K, 32Mpixels|
|HD Mixing Layers||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|4k Mixing Layers||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|ST 2110 IP IO||QSFP x 1 (100GbE)||QSFP x 2 (100GbE or 2x 50Gb 2022-7)||QSFP x 2 (200GbE) or 2 x 100Gbe 2022-7|
|Multiviewer||2; 4K/HD, (up to 36PiP)||4; 4K/HD, (up to 36PiP)||4; 4K/HD, (up to 36PiP)|
|PTP Sync||Yes; Support for QSFP and GbE port||Yes; Support for QSFP and GbE port||Yes; Support for QSFP and GbE port|
|Audio||Optional; AES67, Dante compatible w/broadway chip set, 16 Channel mixer w/16 source mapping options.||Optional; AES67, Dante compatible w/broadway chip set, 16 Channel mixer w/16 source mapping options.||Optional; AES67, Dante compatible w/broadway chip set, 16 Channel mixer w/16 source mapping options.|
|HDR Handling||Testing HDR workflow||Testing HDR workflow||Testing HDR workflow|
|Redundant power||Yes: 2||Yes: 2||Yes: 2|
|RAM Player||8ch, 24GB, Uncompressed||8ch, 32GB, Uncompressed||8ch, 96GB, Uncompressed|
|Clip Player||2ch, 70GB, Compressed||2ch, 400 GB, Compressed||2ch, 850 GB, Compressed|
* After the release of KAIROS software Ver. 2.0
KAIROS Alliance Partners
KAIROS utilizes a variety of IT ecosystems based on COTS technology and easily expands functions and integration with external devices by adding application software. Panasonic Connect partners with companies that are actively supporting KAIROS by disclosing device connection verification to users and technical cooperation to provide a more integrated system, such as control communication. We continue to strengthen the KAIROS Alliance and add more partners.
KAIROS Tutorials & Support
Get product support and check-out the latest how-to videos for your KAIROS live video system solution.
Request a Demo
Take KAIROS for a spin and discover how you can bring a massive performance upgrade to your video production.
All product specifications, availability, and pricing are subject to change without notice. Images may be simulated for demonstration purposes.