LAST UPDATED – 11/06/2018
- Collection of Information
- Uses of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Data Retention
- Transfer to US and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- European Economic Area
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the search terms you enter, your location, financial payment information, and the identity of your devices.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the domain and host from which you access the internet, access times, pages viewed, web browsing history, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and tokens, unique identifier headers, mobile network information, and other information that identifies you as the user of the device or the person providing information to us.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us, to administer your account, and to target advertisements based on users’ interests and to understand how users interact with ads. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Analyze the success of our Services;
- Better understand the needs and interest of our customers;
- Manage the website’s interactive functionality;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Panasonic and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Comply with Panasonic’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent breaches of the Terms and Conditions, fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Panasonic and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, regardless of whether you have chosen to limit our sharing of your information as collected on our website;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Panasonic or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Panasonic and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Panasonic will not sell, rent, or market your information collected on the website to non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, unless we have received your consent. However, Panasonic may disclose aggregated statistics about visitors to its website, along with anonymous information collected from other sources. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties (such as advisors, promotional sponsors, and investors), which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various business purposes, including conducting general business analysis and developing website content and services.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We may retain records related to:
- Invoices and payments for 7 years;
- Job applications and other related documentation for 6 or more years;
- System use for 3 years; and
- Customer profiles, surveys and communications for 5 years.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Panasonic is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Our websites are intended for users in the United States and its territories and possessions, but if you use the websites from any country outside the United States, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries, and by visiting the Website, you consent to these transfers as required or permitted by applicable law. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may access, amend, update, or correct your information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some circumstances, you may have the right to object to Panasonic’s use of your information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website or Services. Panasonic does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13 and no part of our website is designed with the purpose of attracting such children.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
The website uses “cookies” that may be sent to your computer and which contain information allowing us to recognize when you are viewing the website and to keep track of your preferences. The cookies also automatically collect information about your activity on our website, such as the web pages that you visit, the links that you click, and the searches that you conduct.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Panasonic by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Individuals in the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our products and Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our products and Services.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.