What We Do
Our goal is to create a better world
Panasonic believes technology should move us forward as a society. See how we’re making an impact.
One of the world’s first purpose-driven brands
Contributing to society has been a core value of our company for over a century. These early words from our founder, Konosuke Matsushita, continue to inspire us to this day: “Recognizing our responsibilities as industrialists, we will devote ourselves to the progress and development of society and the well-being of people through our business activities, thereby enhancing the quality of life throughout the world.”
5 major areas of focus
In our view, technology should move us all forward. It should enable us to create abundance out of scarcity, power the things that make our lives easier, and energize our perpetual ambition for progress. Starting with this mindset, we invest in technological innovation that will inspire and amaze, focusing on five important areas.
1. Smart Mobility
As the intelligent digital mesh of the mobility ecosystem, we’re reimaging every aspect of the way we navigate our worlds, creating value for our partners and customers, from connected vehicles and intelligent roadways to mobility’s next big thing.
2. Sustainable Energy
For nine consecutive years, Panasonic has been recognized as a leader in sustainability. We’ve been a pioneer in solar photovoltaic panels, electric vehicle batteries and data center battery-backup solutions, as well as new technologies like hydrogen fuel cells
3. Immersive Experiences
We partner with some of the world’s leading media, entertainment and sports organizations to create live entertainment that immerses fans in the experience, overlaying the physical world with digital technology. And we bring that same world-class expertise to other venues, including concert halls, university classrooms, museums, theme parks, houses of worship, even retail environments.
4. Integrated Supply Chain
From manufacturing facilities to warehouses to stores, we’re working with major customers and partners to bring digital transformation to the supply chain ¬– through automation, robotics, IoT and data analytics, and mobility.
5. Consumer Lifestyle
We’re empowering consumers to live life to the fullest and pursue their passions in photography, media entertainment, gourmet cooking, and beauty and grooming. We do this by harnessing advanced technologies, human-centric design and superior Japanese craftsmanship and reliability.
Our beliefs are our compass
It is because of our deeply held beliefs – about the workplace, the community and the environment – that we strive to look beyond ourselves and do bigger things. In many areas, from education to sustainability, Panasonic’s global efforts are vital to continued progress. Learn more about how we turn our beliefs into action to create real social impact.
- Today’s students have a tremendous future ahead of them. To help them fulfill their potential, we’re investing in STEAM educational programs that prepare them for success in the global 21st century. Panasonic is making a big difference in the lives of young innovators and creators in communities across North America where we live and work.
- Communities become stronger through volunteering. Knowing this, we encourage our employees to follow their passion for giving back. In many of our business units, we offer five days of paid volunteer time off annually.
- Our employees can change the world. That’s why we’re creating a workplace that enables dynamic professionals to make major contributions.
- A skilled workforce is not someone else’s responsibility, it’s ours. From intern conversion programs to on-campus recruiting to workforce education programs, we support those who want a great career in technology.
- Society has no alternative but to discover alternative energies. So we’re bringing technologies like solar panels to market and investing billions in R&D and advanced manufacturing to accelerate the impact of other alternative energies.
- A carbon-free society is not only possible, it’s essential. That’s why we’ve committed to be a carbon-free company within a generation.
- The only smart city is a sustainable one. Energized by this belief, we work with city and state governments, real estate developers and energy utility companies to build solar microgrids and create sustainable development districts.
- It’s time to reinvent transportation. For the sake of our lives and our planet, we’re leading the way in transforming vehicles from carbon to electric power, and creating a pioneering intelligent highway.