Computers, Tablets & Handhelds Warranties
Every Panasonic Mobile Computer comes standard with some of the industry's most comprehensive warranties. Find out how you're covered.
If you are a military customer, please visit our Military Support page to get details on warranty and support services available to you.
Need service or support now? Simply follow the steps on our Get Support page.
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America (PSSNA)
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
The standard warranty below covers Laptop PC and Tablet PC models. To view the standard (one-year) warranty for the TOUGHBOOK T1, L1 and S1, click here.
Section 1: Limited Warranty - Hardware
PSSNA, referred to hereinafter as "Panasonic", will repair OR replace, at Panasonic’s sole discretion, the Panasonic products listed below (“Product(s)”) with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge in a Panasonic Authorized Service Center for the period specified below from the date of original purchase in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. These warranties are extended solely to the original purchaser. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase will be required before warranty performance is rendered.
- Laptop PC (CF-## / FZ-##) - 3 Years
- Tablet PC / Handheld (FZ-##) - 3 Years
*FZ-T1, FZ-L1 & FZ-S1 has 1-year warranty, please refer to FZ-T1/L1/S1 warranty statement
*FZ-55 standard warranty does not cover priority exchanges on xPAK’s & Keyboard unless advanced exchange service has been purchased
Panasonic will retain replacement parts for the following product warranty service for 7 years from the Product end of life date.
Original Battery Warranty
Batteries supplied with the product are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from date of purchase. Batteries purchased separately are covered under the warranty for one (1) year from the date of purchase. A replacement battery furnished under the product warranty is covered for the remaining period of the one-year warranty on the original or purchased battery.
Optional: Extended Warranty Program (PC)
If this coverage is purchased, the serial numbered Product is entitled to the same manufacturer’s warranty coverage on the Product with the exception of the battery. The cost of labor, parts, and shipping are included in the price of the Extended Warranty Program.
*FZ-55 extended warranty does not cover priority exchanges on xPAK’s & Keyboard unless advanced exchange service has been purchased
Optional: Panasonic “Protection Plus” Warranty
Any Product for which the Panasonic “Protection Plus” warranty has been purchased will receive additional coverage for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage. All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty apply and this additional coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the Product. If an extended Protection Plus warranty program is purchased, coverage is extended to the end of the last year of extended coverage purchased.
This warranty does not cover failures or defects that are caused by fire, intentional acts, loss, theft, improper maintenance, modification or service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider, or damage that is attributable to acts of God. Cosmetic damage that does not affect functionality is not covered. Cosmetic damage on Products with hardware failures will be repaired in accordance with the warranty terms. This warranty is extended solely to the original purchaser on the Product’s serial number for which it was purchased. Complete Product unit replacement fulfills the full obligation and is at the discretion of Panasonic and is limited to once during the coverage term. Refer to the Panasonic website for full terms and conditions on the above programs.
*Protection Plus coverage on FZ-55 includes advanced exchange service for xPAK’s & keyboard
- Additional exclusions apply – please refer to limited warranty exclusions section below.
Optional: Panasonic “Ultimate Care” Warranty
Any Product for which the Panasonic “Ultimate Care” warranty program has been purchased will receive additional coverage as specified in that program, for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage. All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty will apply and this additional warranty coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the applicable Product. If an extended warranty is purchased for the Product together with the Ultimate Care warranty program coverage, the warranty term will be extended to the end of the last year of the purchased extended warranty coverage.
The Ultimate Care warranty will cover any hardware failures occurring due to accidental damage of the Product with an exclusion only of customer intentional acts and damage caused by events beyond human control, with a total loss replacement limit of a maximum of 2% of the total number of Products deployed for a specific customer.
This includes unlimited replacement of major sub-assemblies and components of the Product during the standard warranty term and any extended warranty term plan that has been purchased by the customer. This also includes cosmetic damages that may result from exposure of the internal components of the Product to the environmental conditions.
*Ultimate Care coverage on FZ-55 includes advanced exchange service for xPAK’s & keyboard
- Additional exclusions apply – please refer to limited warranty exclusions section below.
Wireless Module Warranty
Panasonic approved wireless modems installed in Panasonic brand computers and integrated by Panasonic are covered under the warranty for the remaining warranty period of the device in which the modem is installed. For devices with less than three (3) months remaining on the unit warranty, the wireless modem will be covered for a period of three (3) months from the date of installation of the modem, covering only modem replacement or modem installation related issues.
All modems must be approved by the wireless carrier prior to use. Any use or attempted use of a wireless modem not approved and activated by the carrier for use on their network is strictly prohibited and is not sanctioned or warranted by Panasonic and may result in legal action. In addition, all modems must be approved by Panasonic as compatible with the device hardware before installation or use.
Panasonic’s sole responsibility for the warranty or technical support of the software required to install or operate the modem is defined in Section 2 (Limited Software Warranty). Any attempted software installation by anyone other than Panasonic is not covered under warranty and may result in service charges.
Installation or attempted installation by any party other than Panasonic is strictly not covered under the warranty and may void the computer warranty if damage results.
Options and Accessories Warranties
The below listed Panasonic brand or supplied options and accessories are covered under this limited warranty for the period specified from the date of purchase or as specifically stated:
- AC Adapter / Power Cord – 3 Years
- Memory Expansion Card (Panasonic Brand) – 3 Years
- FZ-55 xPAK's – 3 years
- Car Mount - Docking Station PCB or Vehicle Docking Station – 3 Years
- Desktop Port Replicator, I-O Box, Docking Cradle (like CF-U1) – 3 Years
- Antenna Pass-through Cable – 3 Years
- Backlit or Full-sized keyboard – 3 Years or assumes warranty of the unit in which it is installed
- Integrated Panasonic supplied options and kits including, but not limited to Wireless Modems, Media Bay Drives (Floppy, CD, DVD, Combo), Camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Smartcard Reader, Magnetic Card Reader, Barcode Scanner, and Fingerprint Reader – 3 Years or assumes warranty period of the unit in which it is installed provided the integration was performed by Panasonic or an Authorized Integrator
- Hard Drive / Solid State Drive (Internal) – 3 Years
- Separately purchased 2nd Hard Drive – 1 Year
- External USB Drives (CD / DVD / Floppy / Hard Drive) – 1 Year
- Optional Battery – 1 Year
- Battery Charger / Multi-Bay Battery Charger – 1 Year
- Stylus Pens, Digitizer & Standard – 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
- SIM cards (Hardware Only) – 90 Days
Section 2 - Limited Warranty - Software
Panasonic warrants to you only that the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of delivery thereof to you, as evidenced by your purchase receipt.
This is the only warranty Panasonic makes to you. Panasonic does not warrant that the functions contained in the Programs will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Programs will be uninterrupted or error free. Panasonic shall have no obligation for any defects in the disk(s) or other media on which the Programs are furnished resulting from your storage thereof, or for defects that have been caused by operation of the disk(s) or other media.
Panasonic’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement, in the United States or other Panasonic designated location, of any defective disk or other media which is returned to Panasonic's Authorized Service Center, together with a copy of the purchase receipt, within the aforesaid warranty period.
Section 3 - Limited Warranty Exclusions - Specifically excluded from the warranty are:
- All consumable items; such as screen protection films, logo badges, labels, cleaning cloths, carry cases, manuals, cables, straps, belts, holsters, tethers, and harnesses and any other options and accessories not listed above or covered under a separate warranty
- The Warranty excludes 3 or less faulty pixels on the LCD screen
- Failures related to the product operating system, hard drive or solid state drive image, software setup, software program, virus, other program(s) or file(s) on any drive or in any computer memory location
- Failures due to BIOS settings or changes, as well as any cosmetic or physical damage to the unit
- Any unit or device with a missing or altered model number or serial number label
- Cosmetic damage or any damage which occurs in shipment
- Failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic
- Failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit, abuse, neglect, installation, maladjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance or modification, use not in accordance with product use instructions
- Failures due to service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider
- Failures caused by improper installation of options or accessories or due to integration by any company other than Panasonic or a Panasonic Authorized Service Center
- Damage, failure, or loss due to the unit being stolen, lost, misplaced, or used by anyone other than the original purchaser
- Damage that is attributable to acts of God
* Protection Plus and Ultimate Care warranty programs provide protection against accidental damage. Neither program is intended to provide product refurbishment due to normal wear and tear through normal use.
* Customers who have twenty (20) or more units requiring service are required to contact Panasonic at 800-527-8675 and request Field Engineering assistance to coordinate higher volume repairs.
This limited warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship which occur during normal use. If a unit is sent to a Panasonic Authorized Service Center and no hardware failure is found, the customer will be billed for labor to correct a software issue or reimage the applicable Hard Disk, or Solid State Drive plus shipping and applicable administrative fees at the current rates set by the service provider.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS OR PART OF NUCLEAR EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, OR AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS*1. PANASONIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ARISING OUT OF THE FOREGOING USES.
*1 AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS include class 2 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Systems and Class 1 EFB Systems when used during critical phases of flight (e.g., during take-off and landing) and/or mounted onto the aircraft. Class 1 EFB Systems and 2 EFB Systems are defined by FAA: AC (Advisory Circular) 120-76A or JAA: JAA TGL (Temporary Guidance Leaflets) No. 36.
Other Limits and Exclusions:
There are no other express warranties except as listed above.
PANASONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. For technical support or to arrange for service on your Panasonic computer product, call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-LAPTOP5 [option 1] (800-527-8675).