Computers, Tablets & Handhelds Warranties - TOUGHBOOK T1, L1 and S1
Panasonic Connect North America
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Connect North America provides a standard warranty with every Panasonic Mobile Computer, starting from the purchase date, hereinafter referred to as “Limited Warranty – Hardware” and “Limited Warranty – Software”.
For technical support or to arrange for service on your Panasonic Mobile Computer product regardless of your warranty status, call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-LAPTOP5 [option 1] (800-527-8675).
Section 1: Limited Warranty - Hardware
Panasonic Connect North America, referred to hereinafter as "Panasonic", will repair or replace, at Panasonic’s sole discretion, the Panasonic Mobile Computer products listed below (“Product(s)”) with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge, in a Panasonic Authorized Service Center for the period specified below from the date of original purchase in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. This warranty is provided solely to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase will be required before warranty performance is rendered.
- Panasonic TOUGHBOOK FZ-T1/FZ-L1/FZ-S1 product models - 1 Year
Panasonic will retain service replacement parts for the Products for at least 5 years from the end of production date, or 5 years from end of sale date, whichever comes later. Some products exceptions will retain replacement parts for up to seven (7) years, for details please contact 1-800-LAPTOP5 [option 1] (800-527-8675).
Original Battery Warranty
Batteries supplied with the product are covered under the warranty for six (6) months from date of purchase. Batteries purchased separately are covered under the warranty for six (6) months from the date of purchase. A replacement battery furnished under the product warranty is covered for the remaining period of the six (6) months warranty on the original or purchased battery.
Optional: Extended Warranty Program
If this coverage is purchased, the serial numbered Product is entitled to the same manufacturer’s warranty coverage on the Product with the exception of the battery. The cost of labor, parts, and shipping are included in the price of the Extended Warranty Program.
Optional: Panasonic “Protection Plus” Warranty
Any Product for which the Panasonic “Protection Plus” warranty has been purchased will receive additional coverage for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage of the Product with an exclusion only of customer intentional acts and damage caused by events beyond human control.
All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty apply, and this additional coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the Product. Protection Plus covers one major repair each year. If an extended Protection Plus warranty program is purchased, coverage is extended to the end of the last year of extended coverage purchased.
This warranty does not cover failures or defects that are caused by fire, intentional acts, loss, theft, improper maintenance, modification, or service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider, or damage that is attributable to events outside of human control or activity (“Acts of God”). Cosmetic damage that does not affect functionality is not covered. Cosmetic damage on Products with hardware failures will be repaired in accordance with the warranty terms. This warranty is extended solely to the original purchaser on the Product’s serial number for which it was purchased. Complete Product unit replacement fulfills the full obligation and is at the discretion of Panasonic and is limited to once during the coverage term.
* Additional exclusions apply – please refer to limited warranty exclusions section below.
Optional: Panasonic “Ultimate Care” Warranty Program
Any Product for which the Panasonic “Ultimate Care” warranty program has been purchased will receive additional coverage as specified in that program, for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage. All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty will apply, and this additional warranty coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the applicable Product. If an extended warranty is purchased for the Product together with the Ultimate Care warranty program coverage, the warranty term will be extended to the end of the last year of the purchased extended warranty coverage.
The Ultimate Care warranty will cover any hardware failures occurring due to accidental damage of the Product with an exclusion only of customer intentional acts and damage caused by events beyond human control, with a total loss replacement limit of a maximum of 2% of the total number of Products deployed for a specific customer.
This includes unlimited replacement of major sub-assemblies and components of the Product during the standard warranty term and any extended warranty term plan that has been purchased by the customer. This also includes cosmetic damages that may result from exposure of the internal components of the Product to the environmental conditions.
* Additional exclusions apply – please refer to limited warranty exclusions section below.
Options and Accessories Warranties
The below listed Panasonic branded or Panasonic supplied options and accessories are covered under this limited warranty for the period specified from the date of purchase or as specifically stated below:
- AC Adapter / Power Cord – 1 Year
- Desktop Port Replicator, I-O Box, Docking Cradle – 1 Year
- Integrated Panasonic supplied options and kits including, but not limited to, Smartcard Reader, Magnetic Card Reader, Barcode Scanner, and Fingerprint Reader - 1 Year or assumes warranty period of the unit in which it is installed provided the integration was performed by Panasonic.
- Optional Battery – 90 Days
- Battery Charger / Multi-Bay Battery Charger – 1 Year
- Stylus Pens, Digitizer & Standard - 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
- SIM cards (Hardware Only) – 90 Days
- Installation or attempted installation of wireless modules by any party other than Panasonic is strictly prohibited and will void the Product warranty. Non-approved wireless modules installations may also nullify the Product regulatory certifications, which may result in safety and compliance liabilities for the user and/or installer.
Section 2 - Limited Warranty - Software
Panasonic does not warrant that the functions contained in the Programs will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Programs will be uninterrupted or error free. Panasonic is not responsible for damage or issues arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Product’s use.
Panasonic’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement, in the United States or other Panasonic designated location, of any defective media returned to Panasonic's Authorized Service Center, together with a copy of the purchase receipt, within the aforesaid warranty period.
Android™* Standard OS Maintenance Service
Panasonic will make updates available to customers during the applicable service term consisting of bug fixes and security updates for the Android Products. Updates generally consist of patches to help the Product’s operating system (“OS”) operate in accordance with the then-current specifications. Security updates generally consist of patches to help protect the OS and the Products from publicly known security vulnerabilities. The updates will consist of one (1) firmware deliverable per year and may be based on OS bug fixes and/or security releases made available from time to time by Google®*, as modified by Panasonic for the Products.
Panasonic will make updates available to customer for the original OS version or future OS versions, as supported on the Products for up to one (1) year after the end of sale date for the applicable model of the Product. Panasonic will continue to provide updates for OS versions so long as there are no technical, legal or contractual restrictions (by Google or otherwise) that would prohibit delivery of such updates to customers.
- For full details please refer to the Android Standard OS Maintenance Service Description
*Google is a registered trademark of Google, LLC.
*Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
Optional: Panasonic Android OS Premier Service
Any Android Product for which the Panasonic Android OS Premier Service has been purchased will receive up to eight (8) firmware deliverables per year and may be based on OS bug fixes and/or security releases made available from time to time by Google, as modified by Panasonic for the Products.
Also, as part of the Panasonic Android OS Premier Service, Panasonic will make updates available to Customer for the original OS version or future OS versions, as supported on the Products for up to three (3) years after the end of sale date for the applicable model of the Product. Panasonic will continue to provide updates for OS versions so long as there are no technical, legal or contractual restrictions (by Google or otherwise) that would prohibit delivery of such updates to customers.
- For full details please refer to the Android OS Premier Service Description
Section 3 - Limited Warranty Exclusions
There are no other express warranties except as listed above. This limited warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship which occur during ordinary, intended use. If a Product unit is sent to a Panasonic Authorized Service Center and no hardware failure is found, the customer will be billed for labor to correct a software issue or reimage the applicable media plus shipping and applicable administrative fees at the current rates set by the service provider.
Specifically excluded from the warranty are:
- All consumable items such as screen protection films, logo badges, labels, cleaning cloths, carry cases, manuals, cables, straps, belts, holsters, tethers, and harnesses and any other options and accessories not listed above or covered under a separate warranty.
- The warranty excludes 3 or less faulty pixels on the LCD screen.
- Failures related to the product operating system, hard drive or solid-state drive (SSD) image, software setup, software program, virus, other program(s) or file(s) on any drive or in any computer memory location.
- Failures due to BIOS settings or changes, as well as any cosmetic or physical damage to the unit.
- Any unit or device with a missing or altered model number or serial number label
- Cosmetic damage or any damage which occurs in shipment
- Failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic
- Failures caused by the usage of non-approved Panasonic 3rd party accessories, including but not limited to vehicle docks, mounting solutions, straps, cases, bags, and power accessories
- Failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit, abuse, neglect, installation, maladjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance, or modification, use not in accordance with product use instructions
- Failures due to service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider
- Failures caused by improper installation of options or accessories or due to integration by any company other than Panasonic or a Panasonic Authorized Service Center
- Damage, failure, or loss due to the unit being stolen, lost, misplaced, or used by anyone other than the original purchaser
- Damage that is attributable to Acts of God (as defined above).
* Protection Plus and Ultimate Care warranty programs provide protection against accidental damage. Neither program is intended to provide product refurbishment due to normal wear and tear through ordinary, intended use.
* Customers who have twenty (20) or more units requiring service are required to contact Panasonic at 800-527-8675 and request Field Engineering assistance to coordinate higher volume repairs.
While Panasonic anticipates use of Products in certain environments such as nuclear equipment/systems, air traffic control equipment/systems, aircraft equipment/systems (as defined in *1), medical devices or accessories (as defined in *2), medical treatment diagnosis image display, life-support system, or other equipment/devices/systems that are involved with ensuring human life or safety, Panasonic does not permit users to integrate Products such that they become an integral part of the systems found in these environments. Panasonic will not be responsible for any liability, damages, losses or expenses arising out of or resulting from the foregoing uses of the Products.
*1 Aircraft equipment/systems include Electric Flight Bag (EFB) systems are defined by FAA AC120-76D or EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012.
*2 As defined by the Regulation (EU) 2017/745 Medical Device Regulation.
Panasonic does not guarantee or warrant that its Products are intended to meet any aviation-related specifications, technological requirements, reliability expectations, or safety (e.g. flammability/smoke/toxicity/radio frequency emissions, etc.) standards that exceed or differ in any material way from the specifications, requirements, warranties or standards applicable to our commercial-off-the-shelf (“COTS”) products.
PANASONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, SUFFERED BY ANY PERSON, AND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES SPECIFIED ABOVE ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. For technical support or to arrange for service on your Products, call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-LAPTOP5 [option 1] (800-527-8675).