There’s so much water running through your home bathroom on a daily basis. That’s why, if not properly ventilated, the bathroom is a breeding ground for mold, mildew, fungus, rust and decay.


Water damage can be caused by high humidity and condensation from long hot showers, splashing in the bathtub, leaks and poor caulking. Too much moisture can cause problems everywhere which could lead to airborne mold spores, structural damage, peeling wall paper, ruined fixtures, blistering paint, mold and mildew—which could ultimately harm your health.


Spores on your shower walls?
The combination of moisture and heat occurring in your bathroom causes humidity—which is the perfect climate for mold spores to begin to grow. This ideal environment forms every time you bathe in warm/hot water. Mold spores may go undetected at first and can spread quickly if not managed. Cooler dry air will reduce the moisture problem and help prevent mold from taking hold.


Cabinets: a breeding ground for mold?
Excess moisture can ruin expense fixtures and cabinetry by encouraging rust and surface buckling while providing mold a place to breed. Don’t discount any discoloration on the walls. Many homeowners dismiss odd coloring, wrinkling or softness on walls. Prevention is less expensive and easier than restoring a damaged bathroom. Pay attention to any excess moisture before it can cause any damage.