Cosmos™ healthy home system
Introducing the first healthy home system
Your home has a heating and cooling system for comfort. Yet it doesn’t have a healthy air system to ensure you breathe clean air. Since health and building science experts have proven that poor indoor air quality leads to respiratory conditions and many other illnesses, Panasonic created a solution for healthier indoor environments. Introducing Cosmos™, the first healthy home system.
Why do you need a healthy home system?
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) is the #1 concern in healthy home building
- Today’s tightly built homes trap all sorts of toxins inside, creating an urgent need for better ventilation
- Poor indoor air quality is ranked as the 4th biggest environmental threat in the US
- People spend about 90% of their time indoors, where harmful pollutants can be two- to five-times higher, according to the EPA
Troubling facts about bad indoor air quality
- Health experts estimate that 35 million Americans suffer from upper respiratory tract symptoms that are allergic reactions to airborne allergens1
- Women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than women who work outside the home2
- Long term effects from repeated exposure to bad indoor air quality include respiratory problems, heart disease and even cancer3
1Allergywatch.org – US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Health
The Cosmos™ healthy home advantage
Now that you are aware of the harmful nature of poor indoor air quality, we have some good news about your health. Cosmos works automatically in the background to remove contaminated air from your home and bring in fresh, filtered air from outside.
How Cosmos™ works
- Cosmos by Panasonic is the first connected healthy home system that helps you address your biggest concern: your family’s health
- Cosmos intelligently monitors indoor air quality 24x7 and manages the most harmful indoor toxins: volatile organic compounds, fine particulate matter, carbon dioxide & humidity
- Continuously monitors indoor air quality while sensors automatically activate the system to return air to healthy levels
- Cosmos is the only professionally-installed fresh-air system that helps you maintain a healthy indoor environment and well-conditioned air quality
- Customizable presets let you create personalized settings based on events, such as additional fresh air and increased ventilation for your dinner party next weekend.
Expel harmful airborne toxins and excess moisture to breathe clean air
Cosmos monitors four of the most harmful sources of indoor air contamination: volatile organic compounds (VOCs), fine particulate matter, carbon dioxide and humidity.
Volatile organic compounds are toxic gases emitted from common items in your home. Furniture, carpeting, shower curtains, flooring, wood, paint and other common materials and cleaners emit volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde, ammonia, xylene, benzene, and trichloroethylene. Repeated exposure to these chemicals can have short and long term adverse health effects.
Particulate matter 2.5
Fine particles (also known as particulate matter 2.5 or PM2.5) are tiny particles or droplets are less than 2.5 microns in width and travel through the air, into the respiratory tract and lungs. Medical studies show that particulates suspended in the air can be absorbed deep into the lungs, causing ailments such as chronic bronchitis, reduced lung function and even increased rates of lung cancer and heart disease.
Common sources of particulate matter include cooking vapors, burning candles & oil lamps, fireplaces, and kerosene space heaters.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) build-up depends on a variety of factors. The number of people in a room, the amount of outdoor fresh air coming in, and combustion by-products contaminating the indoor air such as idling vehicles in garages and leaky furnaces – to name a few. While generally not found at hazardous levels in indoor environments, at high levels carbon dioxide can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms.
High humidity and condensation from hot showers, baths, leaks and poor caulking can lead to airborne mold spores and mildew, both of which can be hazardous to human health. Mold spores may go undetected at first and can spread quickly if not managed, making it a difficult – and potentially expensive – issue to remedy. Moisture can also cause structural damage to your bathroom, ruining expensive fixtures and cabinetry by encouraging rust and surface buckling.
It is important to manage excess moisture in the home before it causes permanent damage to and health problems. That’s where Cosmos goes to work.
Command Center Monitors system operations in real-time, receive alerts and recommendations, and automates processes efficiently
IAQ Sensors Constantly monitors indoor air quality levels to determine when outside the normal range. Color coded LED lights provide instant air quality reading
Component Control Modules Provides communication for better signal reliability among Cosmos components
Mobile App Provides data on your home’s indoor air quality in an easy to read dashboard, you’ll know when something is wrong right away.
- All-in-one whole house ventilation solution
- SmartFlow™ technology combined with Pick-A-Flow™ selector delivers precision ventilation to any room
- Available in lighted and non-lighted models
- Filtered fresh air solution for today’s tightly built, energy-efficient homes.
- Brings in fresh filtered supply air from outdoors and helps create balanced ventilation
- Built-in Pick-A-Flow™ airflow selector switch allows you to select your required airflow (50-150 CFM)
- Superior rangehood ventilation power assures healthy indoor air quality in the busiest room of your home
- High-velocity capture efficiency combined with ultra-quiet HushFlow™ technology eliminates contaminated air, smoke and moisture from the source without disturbing your dinner conversation
- Rangehoods available in five sleek styles