Powered by Codex, VariCam Pure contains the existing VariCam 35 camera head but with the new Codex VRAW 2.0 recorder, creating a RAW only solution in a lighter and more compact body (approximately 11-lbs.). With Codex Virtual File system, users can transcode additional file formats, including Panasonic V-RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR.
- Super 35 MOS sensor for high-quality 120fps 4K capture
- Uses Codex's flexible and reliable uncompressed RAW workflow
- New compact and lightweight body for better on set versatility, yet still the power of native 4K RAW
- Records VRAW 4K 12-bit, 4K 10-bit, UHD 12-bit, UHD 10-bit
- Ideal for high-end episodic television shows and feature productions requiring 4K RAW acquisition
VariCam Pure - 4K RAW only solution for high-end productions
VariCam Pure is a camera system designed by Panasonic and Codex to capture the highest quality images for high-end features, television series, commercials, and more. It captures 4K RAW at up to 120 fps with a simple workflow via Codex’s Production Suite to deliver ProRes files and all other deliverables required.
Warner Bros. feature film, Crazy Rich Asians, was shot with the VariCam Pure by DP Vanja Černjul, ASC, HFC.
VariCam Pure Camera Test was shot by cinematographer Oona Menges with the VariCam Pure in London.
The Red Coat, produced by Televisual Media, is a short film shot with the VariCam Pure by cinematographer Steve Lawes.