Panasonic Releases Firmware Version 2.3 for GH6
To Support 4K 120p/100p HDMI output and BRAW recording
Panasonic announces the release of a new firmware update program Ver.2.3 for the LUMIX GH6 to offer a more flexible workflow. The firmware program will be available on the LUMIX Global Customer Support website https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/ at 9pm EDT on July 10, 2023.
GH6 Firmware Version 2.3
- RAW Video Recording to Blackmagic Design external recorder
12-bit RAW video in [5.7K], [C4K], [Anamorphic (4:3) 5.8K], [Anamorphic (4:3) 4.4K] can be output to Blackmagic Design monitor/recorder ‘Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR’ over HDMI to be saved as Blackmagic RAW.
* Please refer to the Blackmagic Design website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of the Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR.
* DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to play back and edit Blackmagic RAW data.
* When the [Rec Quality] is set to 5.7K/60p (50p) or C4K/120p (100p) and recording to a Blackmagic Design recorder, it is recommended to set the codec quality on the recorder to the following:
– When recording to an SSD: constant bitrate 5:1 or less
– When recording to an SD card: constant bitrate 8:1 or less
- Support for 4K 120p/100p HDMI output
Either C4K 120p/100p or 4K 120p/100p video can be output to external device over HDMI.
Through the firmware updates, Panasonic proposes future-ready solutions for more flexible filmmaking workflow using mirrorless cameras.
• 'Blackmagic Design' and 'Blackmagic RAW' are registered trademarks of Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd.
• Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
• All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Canada
Mississauga, Ontario-based Panasonic Canada Inc. is a leading provider of Consumer Lifestyle technologies, as well as innovative Smart Mobility, Sustainable Energy, Immersive Experiences, and Integrated Supply Chain solutions. As part of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Panasonic Canada is the Canadian sales arm of Panasonic Corporation of Japan. One of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers of 2022 and Interbrand’s Top 100 Best Global Brands of 2022, Panasonic is a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at https://www.panasonic.com.