Panasonic Toughbook Mobile Computers come standard with some of the industry's most comprehensive warranties.
Learn about the standard one-year warranty that covers
TOUGHBOOK L1 and TOUGHBOOK T1 rugged handheld
and tablet devices.
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America (PSSNA) Warranty
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
TOUGHBOOK FZ-T1/L1 Products - Warranties
Section 1: Limited Warranty - Hardware
PSSNA, referred to hereinafter as "Panasonic", will repair OR replace, at Panasonic’s sole discretion, the Panasonic products listed below (“Product(s)”) with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge in a Panasonic Authorized Service Center for the period specified below from the date of original purchase in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. These warranties are extended solely to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase will be required before warranty performance is rendered.
- Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 /FZ-L1 product models - 1 Year
Panasonic will retain replacement parts for the following product warranty service for 5 years from the Product end of life date.
Original Battery Warranty
Batteries supplied with the Product are covered under the warranty for 6 months from the date of purchase. Batteries purchased separately are covered under the warranty for 6 months from the date of purchase. A replacement battery furnished under the product warranty is covered for the remaining period of the 6 months’ warranty on the original or purchased battery.
Optional: Extended Warranty Program
If this Extended warranty program coverage is purchased, the serial numbered Product is entitled to the same manufacturer’s warranty coverage on the Product with the exception of the battery. The cost of labor, parts, and shipping are included in the price of the Extended Warranty Program.
Optional: Panasonic “Ultimate Care” Warranty Program
Any Product for which the Panasonic “Ultimate Care” warranty program has been purchased will receive additional coverage as specified in that program, for any failure that occurs due to accidental damage. All other terms and conditions of the standard warranty will apply, and this additional warranty coverage will exist for the duration of the standard warranty period of the applicable Product. If Ultimate Care warranty program coverage is purchased, the warranty term will be extended to the end of the last year of the purchased Ultimate Care warranty period.
The Ultimate Care warranty will cover any hardware failures occurring due to accidental damage of the Product with an exclusion only of customer intentional acts and damage caused by events beyond human control, with a total loss replacement limit of a maximum of 2% of the total number of Products deployed for a specific customer.
This includes unlimited replacement of major sub-assemblies and components of the Product during the standard warranty term and any extended warranty program term that has been purchased by the customer. This also includes cosmetic damages that result from exposure of the internal components of the Product to the environmental conditions.
- Additional exclusions apply – please refer to limited warranty exclusions section below.
Options and Accessories Warranties
The below listed Panasonic branded or Panasonic supplied options and accessories are covered under this limited warranty for the period specified from the date of purchase or as specifically stated below:
- AC Adapter / Power Cord – 1 Year
- Desktop Port Replicator, I-O Box, Docking Cradle – 1 Year
- Integrated Panasonic supplied options and kits including, but not limited to, Smartcard Reader, Magnetic Card Reader, Barcode Scanner, and Fingerprint Reader - 1 Year or assumes warranty period of the unit in which it is installed provided the integration was performed by Panasonic.
- Optional Battery – 90 Days
- Battery Charger / Multi-Bay Battery Charger – 1 Year
- Stylus Pens, Digitizer & Standard - 90 Days (physical damage excluded)
- SIM cards (Hardware Only) – 90 Days
Section 2 - Limited Warranty Exclusions
Specifically excluded from the warranty are:
- All consumable items; such as screen protection films, logo badges, labels, cleaning cloths, carry cases, manuals, cables, straps, belts, holsters, tethers, and harnesses and any other options and accessories not listed above or covered under a separate warranty.
- The warranty excludes 3 or less faulty pixels on the LCD screen.
- Failures related to the product operating system, solid state drive image, software setup, software program, virus, other program(s) or file(s) on any drive or in any computer memory location.
- Failures due to BIOS settings or changes, as well as any cosmetic or physical damage to the unit.
- Any unit or device with a missing or altered model number or serial number label.
- Cosmetic damage or any damage which occurs in shipment.
- Failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic or not certified by Panasonic (as Toughbook Certified) will not be covered under standard, Protection Plus or Ultimate Care warranties.
- Failures which result from alteration, accident, misuse, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit, abuse, neglect, installation, maladjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance or modification, use not in accordance with product use instructions.
- Failures due to service by anyone other than a Panasonic Authorized Service Provider.
- Failures caused by improper installation of options or accessories or due to integration performed by any company other than Panasonic or a Panasonic Authorized Service Center.
- Damage, failure, or loss due to the unit being stolen, lost, misplaced, or used by anyone other than the original purchaser.
- Damage that is attributable to acts of God.
* Protection Plus and Ultimate Care warranty programs provide protection against accidental damage. Neither program is intended to provide product refurbishment due to normal wear and tear through normal use.
* Customers who have twenty (20) or more units requiring service are required to contact Panasonic at 800-527-8675 and request Field Engineering assistance to coordinate higher volume repairs.
This limited warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship which occur during normal use of the Product. If a Product unit is sent to a Panasonic Authorized Service Center and no hardware failure is found, the customer will be billed for labor to correct a software issue or reimage the applicable Hard Disk, or Solid State Drive plus shipping and applicable administrative fees at the current rates set by Panasonic.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS OR PART OF NUCLEAR EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS, OR AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS*1. PANASONIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ARISING OUT OF THE FOREGOING USES.
*1 AIRCRAFT COCKPIT EQUIPMENT/SYSTEMS include class 2 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Systems and Class 1 EFB Systems including when used during critical phases of flight (e.g., during take-off and landing) and/or mounted onto the aircraft. Class 1 EFB Systems and 2 EFB Systems are defined by FAA: AC (Advisory Circular) 120-76A or JAA: JAA TGL (Temporary Guidance Leaflets) No. 36.
Other Limits and Exclusions: There are no other express warranties except as listed above.
PANASONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, SUFFERED BY ANY PERSON, AND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES SPECIFIED ABOVE ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. For technical support or to arrange for service on your Panasonic computer product, call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-LAPTOP5 [option 1] (800-527-8675).