Technics Announces the New SB-C600 Bookshelf Speaker System as Part of the New Premium C600 Series
Newark, NJ - Technics today announced the launch of the new SB-C600 Compact Bookshelf Speaker System, which is part of a new Series called Premium C600.
When hearing the name “Technics," most hi-fi and music lovers immediately think of our legendary turntables, all firmly planted in the hall of fame of modern audio, for both home audio or DJ use. However, significantly the first Technics product ever built, back in 1965, was a small two-way bookshelf speaker system. This design set a new performance level for compact speakers at the time.
Looking back at the unique and significant loudspeaker designs that Technics has produced over the past five decades-plus, we have the commitment and desire to be active and acknowledged in this field. It is no longer a big secret to be able to design huge speaker systems capable of an impressively large and realistic performance. However, to be able to design a small, very compact speaker system that can recreate a spacious "concert hall" impression in the home – revealing every detail with a vibrancy, power and a large soundstage – advanced expertise is required. Technics’ engineers have made best use of their experience and know-how, perfectly demonstrated in the new SB-C600 speaker system.
The SB-C600 is a compact, two-way bass reflex speaker with a unique coaxial drive unit working as a point source, built on the "Linear Phase" principle. Technologically, it borrows many aspects from its bigger brother, the Technics SB-G90M2 speaker system.
With the new SB-C600, thorough CAE analysis was used to optimize drivers, elements and enclosure structures to efficiently eliminate unwanted vibrations and distortions and significantly improve overall clarity and performance quality.
- Phase Precision Driver, emulating the version in the SB-G90M2 floor standing speaker, consisting of a 15 cm large diameter woofer, added by a 25 mm aluminum dome tweeter.
- Linear Phase Plug, as used in the SB-G90M2, suppressing unwanted phase disturbance, thus enabling a seamless integration of mid and high range with a natural sound free of distortion.
- Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture (BDMA), fixing the driver to an inner Speaker Mount Baffle in the center of gravity around the magnet, thus preventing tumbling motion. This eliminates unnecessary vibration of the sound wall for higher purity of sound.
- Front port with accurate curve and vortex generators design, eliminating ventilating noise thanks to precise airflow analysis.
- Rigid cabinet with inner Speaker Mount Baffle, suppressing vibrations for an ultimately natural sound with superb timing and soundstage.
The SB-C600 will be available in November 2021 in a simplistic and modern matte black finish.
About Technics loudspeakers
Technics is the brand name of hi-fi audio products owned by the Panasonic Corporation with main residence in Osaka, Japan. The Technics brand was founded in 1965. Driven by a constant striving for innovation and excellence within the audio field, countless legendary hi-fi components have been released by the Technics brand, many of them having set new standards in the audio world.
The first Technics product ever was a compact two-way bookshelf loudspeaker system released in 1965. It set new performance standards for compact speakers in that time. Since then, Technics has introduced various loudspeaker systems, several which are legendary: The SB-7000 of 1975 founded the Linear Phase Technology to which many speaker manufacturers followed afterwards. The SB-RX50 from 1986 can be seen as the forefather of Technics’ point source speaker systems with the Phase Precision Driver of today. The innovative, oversized AFP flat-panel monitors – due to their power and precision – were used at Vienna State Opera as stage monitor speakers, whereas the futuristic SST-1 folded-horn speaker system has received entry to the New York Museum of Modern Art due to its exceptional milestone design concept.
For more information, please see:
- Website: http://www.technics.com/us/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/technics.global/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/technics
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/technics_global/