Panasonic Unveils New Compact, High Performance In-Vehicle Camera to meet Law Enforcement Agencies’ Critical Needs on the Road
New AS-1 Arbitrator forward-facing, in-car camera offers optimal video evidence capture capabilities: hi-resolution sensor, wide-angle lens, simple one-touch record and integrated impact sensor
Newark, NJ (February 6, 2019) – Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America, a leader in public safety solutions for law enforcement, higher education and government agencies, is proud to announce its latest addition to its portfolio of Public Safety Solutions: the AS-1 Camera, small enough to fit behind a vehicle’s rearview mirror and including features that provide remarkably high-performance video evidence capture.
Key features of the Panasonic AS-1 camera include:
- Compact (4.5” W x 1.77”H x 1.45” D) 1080p camera mounts behind the rear-view mirror
- ⅓" CMOS Sensor with 3X digital zoom
- Wide-angle field of view (86° Horizontally, 46° Vertically)
- Extreme low-light performance: Color images with as little as 0.03 lux, black-and-white with 0.02 lux.
- Built-in G-Force sensor with 10 levels of sensitivity
- Single Ethernet cable carries power, signal and control
- Multiple mounting options
- Fully compatible with Arbitrator 360° HD in-car digital video systems
For more information on the Arbitrator AS-1 in-Car camera, visit:
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and leverages its strengths in Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Integrated Supply Chains and Mobility Solutions to enable its business-to-business customers. Panasonic was highlighted in Forbes Magazine’s Global 2000 ranking as one of the Top Ten Best Regarded Companies for 2017. The ranking is based on outstanding scores for trustworthiness, honesty with the public and superior performance of products and solutions. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at .