Panasonic LUMIX to release the upgrade software key DMW SFU2
Panasonic to Release the Upgrade Firmware Key DMW-SFU2 for LUMIX S1 in July 2019 to Expand Its Video Performance
Newark, NJ (May 31, 2019) - Panasonic has announced that the company will release an Upgrade Firmware Key DMW-SFU2 for the full-frame mirrorless camera LUMIX S1 in July 2019. This paid software program will further expand the video performance of the LUMIX S1 for advanced video recording. As announced separately, the new LUMIX S1H features 14+ stops of full V-Log, which is equivalent to the V-Log of high-end cinema cameras such as the Cinema VariCam. The user can experience the 14+ stops of V-Log on the LUMIX S1 with the firmware update program provided by the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2, prior to the release of the LUMIX S1H.
Functions available with the upgrade program are as follows.
- 14+ stops of V-Log recording
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K MOV 30p/25p*1 internal video recording*2
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K 60p/50p*1 HDMI output*2
- V-Log and V-Gamut compatible with Cinema VariCam Look
- In-camera LUT (Look Up Table) application enabling playback of V-Log while or after recording (LUT Display with Custom Function)
- A WFM (Waveform Monitor) displays brightness level while recording
- High-res 48-kHz/24-bit or 96-kHz/24-bit sound can be recorded in MOV using the XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1
The Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2 will go on sale in July 2019.
*1 PAL area only.
*2 For a full-frame digital still camera as of May 31, 2019.
・Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Blu-ray players, Home Audio, Technics, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Beauty, Grooming, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine's 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution.
Follow Press Updates for Panasonic Consumer Products:
Internet - http://us.panasonic.com/news
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/lumixusa