Panasonic Launches Second Century of Innovation with New Products, Technologies and Solutions at NAB 2018
Panasonic Launches Second Century of Innovation with New Products,
Technologies and Solutions at NAB 2018
New AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/High-Speed Camera, AV-HLC100 Live Production Center, EVA2.0 Firmware with RAW Support, and VariCam LT CineLive Firmware Showcased
LAS VEGAS, NV (April 8, 2018) – Panasonic is marking its 100th year anniversary with a wide-ranging display of products, technologies and solutions for production and broadcast professionals here at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show. Under the theme, “Welcome to our next 100 years of Innovation,” Panasonic debuts the:
- AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/high-speed studio camera with 4.4K native resolution and high-speed 240fps* capability;
- EVA 2.0 free firmware upgrade for the 5.7K AU-EVA1 cinema camera that greatly enhances its recording capabilities with ALL-Intra frame formats and RAW data output. Panasonic also announced the EVA1 and VariCam LT will take full advantage of the new ProRes RAW software for a faster and more efficient RAW workflow;
- AV-HLC100 Live Production Center with Network Device Interface (NDI) that combines a 1 ME switcher, remote camera controller, graphics overlays, streaming/recording and audio mixer functions to enable easy live streaming with one-person operation;
- VariCam LT V. 6.0 CineLive firmware that sets the cinema camera up for live and near live multi-cam use for events, concerts, television shows and corporate productions;
- a new line-up of PTZ cameras with built-in Network Device Interface (NDI|HX) support--the AW-HN38, AW-HN40, AW-UN70 and AW-HN130.
Visitors to Panasonic’s NAB booth C3607 can view an array of technology demonstrations and content presentations, including:
- 8K Region of Interest (ROI) system for sports and live event HD applications. Accessing the 8K camera’s super-wide field of view and HD windows with full pan/tilt/zoom control, one camera operator can follow the action from multiple virtual camera angles, saving space over multiple manned cameras;
- Broadcast- grade, 360-degree/VR end-to-end live streaming system that combines Panasonic’s low latency 360-degree Live Camera with Haivision’s KB 4K encoder and LiveScale’s distribution platform;
- LinkRay visible light communication technology to enable smartphones with a dedicated app to access information emitted in signals from LED transmitters. The dedicated application software enables customizable content to be sent and received between LED transmitters (e.g., displays for digital signage use);
- On the exhibit’s main stage, presentations and panel discussions will be held on new technologies and products and leading cinematographers and filmmakers will discuss projects they’ve shot with Panasonic cinema cameras. The presentations will be broadcast on Facebook Live on Panasonic’s Facebook page, @panasonicprovideoUSA. Visit us.panasonic.com/NAB to view the full schedule of presentations.
NAB attendees are also invited to view:
- Panasonic's families of cinema, ENG, studio, pan/tilt/zoom and POV cameras and related equipment in simulated production environments;
- the outstanding low-light performance of the VariCam 35, the VariCam LT and the AU-EVA1 cinema cameras on the Dual ISO set;
- 4K HDR content from the VariCam and EVA1 cinema cameras, as well as an HDR versus SDR content comparisons;
- demonstrations of simultaneous 4K HDR SMPTE 2020 imaging and ITU 709 HD broadcast from the AK-UC3000 4K camera, the UC4000’s native support of SMPTE 2110 MoIP output, and the Panasonic and Wave Central collaboration on an integrated stadium wireless system, demonstrating the UC4000’s unique assets for sports production;
- the NDIWorld environment, which showcases a full range of NDI products and solutions, from graphics to streaming to screen capture to recording. Visitors can get hands-on with the HLC100 Live Production Center and view it in a real-world control room;
- new partner integrations into the overall workflow of Panasonic’s P2Cast cloud-based platform, including two new Panasonic/TVU video solutions featuring IP video switching, routing and distribution that integrate Panasonic into the TVU ecosystem and TVU Grid;
- new versions of P2Cast Bridge (which enables connectivity into partner newsroom systems) will be demonstrated, including Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer for non-linear editing, and Avid Interplay for media asset management;
- 3rd party solutions from Areplus, BlackTrax, and Tecnopoint to enhance the versatility of Panasonic integrated PTZ cameras will be showcased. A real-time BlackTrax tracking solution system with Areplus interface allows a Panasonic PTZ camera to follow the speaker or content, and a Tecnopoint Tuning System, consisting of a ceiling dolly and a vertical column, is the first track system totally integrated with Panasonic PTZ cameras.
Panasonic will also be demonstrating NDI®-based workflow at the NDI® Central Pavilion at booth SL5516.
Stay up to date with Panasonic NAB announcements and activities at us.panasonic.com/NAB.
For more information about Panasonic professional video products, visit http://business.panasonic.com/products-professionalvideo or contact Panasonic at 877-803-8492.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is a leading technology partner to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation, and leverages its strengths in immersive entertainment, sustainable energy, automated supply chains and connected mobility to provide integrated solutions for B2B customers. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine’s 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution.
Learn more about Panasonic at panasonic.com.
Pat Lamb +1 518-727-4933 firstname.lastname@example.org
*High-speed 240fps will be supported with firmware upgrade in fall 2018.