NEWARK, NJ (November 4, 2019) – Panasonic has announced it will initiate deliveries this month for its new 1.9 GHz Digital Wireless Microphone System for lecture halls and auditoriums. The system has expandability to handle spaces from small to large with high sound quality, having connection of up to 8 antennas allowing for full coverage in any space.
The new sound system further strengthens Panasonic’s product line, thereby enabling the company to support the increasingly diversified range of customer requirements. The 1.9 GHz Digital Wireless Microphone System has a suggested retail price of $2,275.
- Clear sound achieved with a wide frequency band and noise suppression technology
- Large spaces handled with connection of up to 8 antennas
- High level of privacy and confidentiality secured with pairing registration using DECT*1 technology
Clear sound with a wide frequency band and noise suppression technology
Using high-compression-ratio voice codec, this system achieves a wide frequency band of 100 Hz to 15 kHz.
- Newly developed noise suppression technology makes clear voice reproduction possible.
- Internal low-cut filter switch makes it is possible to enhance sound clarity by attenuating low frequencies.
Large spaces handled with connection of up to 8 antennas
Automatic handover function*3 conforming to the 1.9 GHz DECT*1 technology means it is possible to expand the communication area by installing multiple antennas.
- Up to 8 antennas can be connected using CAT 5/6 cabling, giving this system the expandability to support not only small spaces but also large spaces such as lecture halls, gymnasiums and auditoriums.
High level of privacy and confidentiality secured with pairing registration
Receiver and microphone pairing registration is easily done.
- Communication is only possible between pair-registered receivers and microphones eliminating the chance of interference from other systems in the same space*2 or eavesdropping, unlike 800 MHz band analog communication systems.
Standard batteries and Non-contact charging
Battery issues are avoided by using standard AA batteries and non-contact charging
- Microphones use a single AA Ni-MH or alkaline battery
- Charging is done with the rechargeable battery still in the microphone.
- The charging station is non-contact for reliable operation without problems caused by broken cables or contact issues.
*1: DECT： The acronym for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications. It is a wireless communications standard used extensively throughout the world.
*2: The term “same space” refers to space in which the radio signals of multiple systems can affect each other, this includes adjacent rooms.
*3: The act of switching transmission antennas while moving.
About Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, delivers game-changing technology solutions that deliver customized experiences to drive better outcomes—for our customers and our customers’ customers. Panasonic designs and manufactures reliable, flexible and dependable products and solutions to help create, capture and deliver information of all types, especially where, when and how it is needed. The complete suite of Panasonic professional solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, audio and visual systems (projectors, displays & digital signage) and professional video production. To learn more and Panasonic’s business products and solutions visit https://na.panasonic.com.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is committed to creating a better life and a better world by enabling its business-to-business customers through innovations in Sustainable Energy, Immersive Entertainment, Integrated Supply Chains and Mobility Solutions. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation. One of Interbrand’s Top 100 Best Global Brands of 2018, Panasonic is a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at www.na.panasonic.com/us.
For more information on Panasonic Professional Audio, visit https://na.panasonic.com/us/audio-video-solutions/professional-audio/.