Last Modified: December 2021
Our Smart Appliances are designed to interoperate with Amazon Alexa-compatible devices and its Alexa software application and service (collectively “Alexa”) to respond to voice commands made through Alexa to the Smart Appliance (the “Alexa Integration”). This Policy Supplement addresses Usage Information we collect when you connect a Smart Appliance to Alexa through the Alexa Integration.
Usage Information We May Collect
When you connect our Smart Appliance to Alexa through the Alexa Integration and use it to issue voice commands, we may collect certain information about the use and operation of the Smart Appliance (“Usage Information”). Usage Information is de-identified and anonymized so that it does not identify you as an individual. It may also be aggregated with similar data from other users and analyzed. For example, we may analyze Usage Information to determine how many Smart Appliances are activated in a certain geographic region or the time of day when Smart Appliances are typically used and for how long.
How We Use the Information
We may use the Usage Information we collect in a number of ways, including:
- To improve our products and develop new products and offerings
- To improve product performance
- To perform maintenance, update, bug fixes and repair services
- To comply with law, including our legal compliance responsibilities
- To protect our legal rights or the rights of our other customers or third parties
- Any other use for which we obtain your permission
How We Share Usage Information
We may share Usage Information:
- With our affiliates, business partners, suppliers and customers
- With our attorneys, accountants and other professional advisors
- With third-party product designers, developers and manufacturers
- With third-party technical support contractors
- With third-party advertising and marketing companies
- To respond to a government request
- In response to any legal process that we receive
- In an emergency to protect security or the health and safety of any person or the public
Transfer of Usage Information in Certain Corporate Events
We may transfer Usage Information in a corporate reorganization among our affiliates, in a corporate merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of our assets, in a bankruptcy or similar event in which Usage Information is transferred or disposed of as a company asset.
Changes to Our Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy Supplement by posting an updated version at this location. If we significantly change how we use your Usage Information, we will notify you and obtain your consent as required by law. Otherwise, your continued use of the Alexa Integration constitutes your acceptance of the latest version of the Policy Supplement posted by us.
Your Relationship with Amazon
How to Contact Us
Please direct any comments or questions concerning this Policy Supplement to: [email protected]