LAST UPDATED – 3/15/2021
For more information relating to the Cosmos Healthy Home System, please visit https://na.panasonic.com/us/cosmos-healthy-home-system.
Contents & Summary
- Collection of Information
- Information You Provide Us
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
- Uses of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Sales of Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Transfer to US and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Your Choices: Account Information
- Your Choices: Location Information
- Your Choices: Cookies
- Your Choices: Promotional/Mobile Communications
- Promotional Communications
- California Privacy Rights
- European Economic Area
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect from your use of the Services include your name, username, email address, security preferences, product location pictures, and any other information you choose to provide. Additionally, when you log in to the Services, the Services will recognize you and collect information that you submit through the use of authentication tokens tied to user accounts created on or through an integrated third-party user database.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services as necessary to provide the Services to you and when you communicate with us. Such information includes air quality metrics from sensors in your home, use patterns, your location, and the identity of your devices.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transactional Information: If you make a purchase or return relating to the Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of operating system you use, the domain and host from which you access the internet, access times, and your IP address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and tokens, unique identifier headers, mobile network information, and other information that identifies you as the user of the device or the person providing information to us.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and plug-ins. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve and keep secure our Services and your experience. Through the use of encrypted cookies, we use your credentials to renew your log-in session periodically while you use the Cosmos App. Plug-ins are pieces of software that users download to allow certain web-based software to operate. In order to use our website, you may be required to install certain plug-ins. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
- Indoor Air Quality Data: The Cosmos Healthy Home System is compatible with indoor air quality sensors manufactured by Airboxlab, doing business as Foobot. To enable sharing of your indoor air quality data with the Cosmos Healthy Home System, please enable the sharing feature in your Foobot account. The indoor air quality data that we collect from your indoor sensors includes air temperature, humidity, particulate matter, carbon dioxide, volatile compounds.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the Services and customize your experience with us and to administer your account. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Analyze the success of our Services;
- Better understand the needs and interest of our customers;
- Manage the mobile application’s interactive functionality;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Comply with Panasonic’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent breaches of the Cosmos Healthy Home System terms and conditions, fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Panasonic and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
The Services mobile application may also include links to applications from third-parties that also support or are compatible with the Cosmos Healthy Home System. Those mobile applications and third-parties are not affiliated with Panasonic and Panasonic does not control your use or the operation of such mobile applications.
Sales of Personal Information
Panasonic allows certain companies to place tracking technologies like cookies and pixels on our sites, which allow those companies to receive information about your activity that is associated with your browser or device. The companies may use that data to serve you more relevant ads on our sites or others. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising like this may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this kind of sharing, Panasonic does not sell any of your information.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We may retain records related to:
- Invoices and payments for 7 years;
- Job applications and other related documentation for 6 or more years;
- System use for 3 years; and
- Customer profiles, surveys and communications for 5 years.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Panasonic Corporation of North America is based in the United States of America (“U.S.”) and we process and store information in the U.S. The Services are intended for users in the U.S. and its territories and possessions, but if you use the Services from any country outside the U.S., the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries, and by use the Services, you consent to these transfers as required or permitted by applicable law. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may access, amend, update, or correct your information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at [email protected] You may also call us at (855) 772-2891. In some circumstances, you may have the right to object to Panasonic’s use of your information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected] or call us at (855) 772-2891, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. Panasonic does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13 and no part of our website is designed with the purpose of attracting such children.
If any feature of the application requires you to transmit your location to us, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile application, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
The Cosmos mobile application uses “cookies” that may be sent to your device and which contain information allowing us to recognize when you are viewing the application and to keep track of your preferences. The cookies also automatically collect information about your activity on the mobile application, such as the pages that you visit, the links that you click, and the searches that you conduct.
If you prefer, you can choose to set your device or this mobile application to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Panasonic by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing [email protected] You may also call us at (855) 772-2891.If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891.