The AK-PLV100 4K PL-mount studio camera carries on the legacy of VariCam with a cinematic look, V-LOG and Dual Native ISO, and streamlines multicamera live shooting to deliver another purpose built studio camera for easy CINELIVE production.
- Equipped with a large format, 5.7K Super 35mm sensor and PL Lens mount to accommodate cinema lenses for shallow-depth of field
- Capture frame rate is switchable to Cinematic 24p/30p on a 60p system, users can easily switch between a 24p/30p look and a standard broadcast 60p look
- Outputs SMPTE ST2110* video directly from its camera head and merely requires an optical-fiber connection for return input, intercom input/output, PTP synchronization, trunk out, and tally input
- Compatibility with Panasonic's 2/3-inch studio-camera system equipment allows the use of CCUs (UCU600 and HCU250), ROPs (HRP1010 and HRP1015) and other accessories
- V-LOG output* for wide dynamic range and rich color gamut, along with Dual Native ISO* for superb low-light performance
|Weight||Approx. 4.2 kg (9.26 lbs.) (body only, excluding the accessories)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Body only 151 mm x 267 mm x 389 mm (5-31/32 inches x 10-17/32 inches x 15-11/32 inches)
|Operating temperature||-10 °C to 45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F)
(Preheating required under a temperature 0°C (32 °F) or below)
|Operating humidity||85% or less (relative humidity)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 60 °C (-4 °F to 140 °F)|
|Power supply||DC 12 V (when using an external power supply)
DC 190 V (when AK-HCU250PSJ/HCU250ESJ is connected)
AC 240 V (when AK-UCU600PSJ/ UCU600ESJ is connected)
|Lens Mount||35mm PL Mount|
|Horizontal Resolution||4K: 2000 TV lines (center)|
|Optical Filter||ND: Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64|
|S/N||62 dB or above|
|Pickup device||S35mm 17.25 million pixels MOS Sensor|
|<SDI OUT1(12G)> terminal||BNCx1
12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI:0.8 V[p-p], 75 Ω
|<SDI OUT2> terminal||BNCx1
3G/1.5G-SDI:0.8 V[p-p], 75 Ω
|<MIC 2> terminal||XLR x 1, 3-pin (female type)[LINE]/[MIC]/[+48V] switchable[LINE]: 0 dBu[MIC]: -60 dBu, -40 dBu, or -20 dBu menu can be selected|
|<MIC> terminal (front)||XLR x 1, 3-pin (female type)[LINE]/[MIC]/[+48V] switchable[LINE]: 0 dBu[MIC]: -60 dBu, -40 dBu, or -20 dBu menu can be selected|
|<INTERCOM1> terminal||XLR x 1, 5-pin, female type|
|<OPT FIBER> terminal||Optical composite connector x 1|
|<LENS> terminal||12-pin x 1|
|<VF> terminal||20-pin x 1|
|<VF> terminal (rear)||29-pin x 1|
|<DC IN> terminal||XLR x 1, 4-pin, DC 12 V|
Press & Awards
Cinematic Video with Shallow Depth of Field
The AK-PLV100GSJ comes with a 5.7K Super 35mm sensor and PL mount to produce cinematic video with bokeh effects. Combining the visual beauty of a cinema camera with the operability of a studio camera, the AK-PLV100GSJ achieves live video for events and sports with rich visual expression that grabs viewers attention.
- Dual Native ISO for high sensitivity and low noise1
- Simultaneous HLG/ITU-R BT.2020 (4K mode) and SDR/ITU-R BT.709 (HD mode)
- V-LOG output for wide dynamic range and rich color gamut1
Simple Operation without CCU
Normally, live production with a cinema camera requires the use of many external devices, but with the AK-PLV100GSJ, only the camera is needed to build a system. The AK-PLV100GSJ outputs SMPTE ST2110 video directly from its camera head and merely requires an optical-fiber connection for return input, intercom input/output, PTP synchronization, trunk out, and tally input.
Input/output method for camera head alone
- HD mode: Uncompressed SMPTE ST2110 input/output standard1
- 4K mode: SMPTE ST2110 output with JPEG-XS compression standard1
- 12G-SDI output standard
SMPTE ST2110 output from camera head (Future support planned via firmware update)
12G-SDI output from camera head
Compatible with 2/3-inch Studio Camera Equipment
Compatibility with Panasonic’s 2/3-inch studio-camera system equipment allows the use of CCUs, ROPs and other accessories. Under this new concept for live production, the camera head is selected according to the desired expression.
12G/3G/1.5G-SDI output from CCU
SMPTE ST2110 output from CCU using optional IP/12G/3G Interface Kit
Compatible devices: AK-UCU600PSJ/ESJ, AK-HCU250PSJ/ESJ, AK-HRP1010GJ, AK-HRP1015GJ and AK-MSU1000GJ
AK-PLV100 Studio Camera System Features
- Compatibility with Panasonic’s 2/3-inch studio-camera system equipment allows the use of CCUs, ROPs and other accessories. Under this new concept for live production, the camera head is selected according to the desired expression.
- Capture frame rate is switchable to Cinematic 24p/30p on 60p system, so can easily switch between a 24p/30p look and a standard broadcast 60p look.
- Digital extender with signal-processing circuitry for 2x image magnification
- Remote switching of motorized ND filter
- Focus assist (Focus in Red/MAG/Focus Square) for fast, accurate focusing
- Fine adjustment of saturation and hue separately using 12-axis color correction and linear matrix
- Beautiful, natural-looking skin thanks to wrinkle and tone correction
- Shockless gain smooths out images during gain changes
AK-PLV100GSJ Studio Camera System
1 / * Future support planned.
All product specifications, availability, and pricing are subject to change without notice. Images may be simulated for demonstration purposes.