Panasonic Canada to release LUMIX S1 upgrade software key (DMW-SFU2) this summer
New software program will expand LUMIX S1 video performance for advanced video recording
Panasonic announces the release of an Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2 for the full-frame mirrorless camera, LUMIX S1, in July 2019. This paid software program will further expand the video performance of the LUMIX S1 for advanced video recording. Announced separately, the new LUMIX S1H features 14+ stops of full V-Log, equivalent to the V-Log of high-end cinema cameras such as the Cinema VariCam. The user can experience the 14+ stops of V-Log on the LUMIX S1 with the firmware update program provided by the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2, prior to the release of the LUMIX S1H.
The Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2 for LUMIX S1 will be available at select Canadian retailers and the Panasonic eStore in June 2019 with an MSRP of $269.99 (CDN).
Functions available with the upgrade program include:
- 14+ stops of V-Log recording
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K MOV 30p/25p*1 internal video recording*2
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K 60p/50p*1 HDMI output*2
- V-Log and V-Gamut compatible with Cinema VariCam Look
- In-camera LUT (Look Up Table) application enabling playback of V-Log while or after recording (LUT Display with Custom Function)
- A WFM (Waveform Monitor) displays brightness level while recording
- High-res 48-kHz/24-bit or 96-kHz/24-bit sound can be recorded in MOV using the XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1
*1 PAL area only.
*2 For a full-frame digital still camera as of May 31, 2019.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Canada Inc.
A subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Panasonic Canada Inc. provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions to meet consumer, business and industrial needs. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can visit Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.com.