Panasonic Canada introduces the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (HX1025), a digital interchangeable lens for mirrorless cameras
Panasonic’s new lens is the World’s first* standard zoom lens achieving full-range F1.7
Panasonic is introducing a new standard zoom digital interchangeable lens, the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (HX1025). The lens boasts a large F1.7 aperture throughout the entire 20-50mm (35mm camera equivalent) zoom range with exceptionally high optical performance clearing the stringent LEICA standards. The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. is suitable for photo shooting and video recording to satisfy both professional photographers and videographers.
The Panasonic LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH lens will be available at select Canadian retailers and the Panasonic eStore in July 2019 with an MSRP of $2799.99 (CDN).
The full-range F1.7 high-speed aperture provides beautiful bokeh and high descriptiveness. Covering a focusing distance from wide angle to standard zoom range, the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. functions as a multiple fixed focal length lens providing the same or an even higher level of descriptiveness than a fixed focal length lens. It is suitable for a variety of daily shooting situations, from dynamic landscapes to portraits even in low-lit scenes, dispelling the need to change lenses depending on the situation.
Comprising 17 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses that effectively suppress the axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Spherical aberration and distortion are also corrected by the aspherical lenses for stunning high resolution. The use of aspherical lenses and the optimum design of the lens system results in a compact size and light weight despite its outstanding optical performance.
The release of the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. demonstrates Panasonic’s commitment to expanding the line of Micro Four Thirds lineup through its LUMIX G series of cameras and lenses.
Key features of the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH lens, include:
- Compatibility with a maximum 240-fps high-speed sensor drive relays high-speed, high-precision auto focusing.
- Silent operation achieved by the inner focus drive system, the stepless aperture ring and micro-step drive system in the aperture control section help the camera to smoothly catch up to brightness changes when zooming or panning.
- Optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimize image shifts during zooming.
- Adoption of a focus clutch mechanism enables instant AF/MF switching and accurate manual focusing.
- A mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which was a fatal problem of all interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography, allowing the lens to excel in video recording performance.
- Rugged dust/splash-resistant* design can withstand use under harsh conditions even at -10 degrees Celsius for high mobility.
- Nine blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings.
- Highly reliable metal mount endures long time use.
* Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Canada Inc.
A subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Panasonic Canada Inc. provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions to meet consumer, business and industrial needs. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can visit Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.com.