Hosted PBX FAQs
WHAT IS A HOSTED PBX OR A CLOUD-BASED PHONE SYSTEM?
A Hosted PBX is a PBX system that is in the Cloud and is accessible through an IP Network. Panasonic takes care of the hardware, software and connectivity and provides your business phone connectivity and features as a service. You get a variety of features that enable you to connect with customers and employees without having to manage and maintain hardware or software on your premise. SMBs appreciate the flexibility, advanced features and ease of accommodation for adding or reducing the number of endpoints depending on the needs of the company at any given time.
- Low Capital Requirements – Hosted PBX is offered on a monthly recurring pricing model with no up-front capital costs.
- Increased Productivity – Hosted PBX offers end users and institutions significant new features and applications that can greatly enhance their productivity and streamline business processes. (Mobile Integration, Find Me/Follow Me, Unified Messaging, Auto Attendant, SIM Ring).
- Relevance / Enabling Small Business to Look Bigger – With features like Auto-Attendant, Find Me/Follow Me, Toll Free Numbers and benefitting from never missing a call, Hosted PBX makes Small Businesses look bigger and more relevant in their marketplace.
- Cost Predictability – Provided in a monthly service model, no hidden cost and no variability on the monthly bill to the customer.
- Future Proof / Low Risk of Obsolescence – When new features become available on the Hosted PBX platform, they are made available to existing customers without the need for expensive upgrades that are required for PBX/Key Systems.
- Convergence of Voice and Data – Customers can now deliver voice and data over a single access which provides potential costs saving and productivity gains associated with managing multiple access types and service providers.
- Unified messaging – Hosted PBX allows users to have their voice mail messages sent to their email inbox. This allows a user to listen and then file the voice mail or forward it to another user.
- Find-me Follow-me – Users set up a profile of where they will be throughout the day, and their calls are automatically forward to the correct phone and location. This helps ensure that users never miss an important call.
- Auto-attendant – An organization using a Hosted IP PBX system can set up automated answering on any incoming number without purchasing any additional hardware. This feature can reduce the need for a human receptionist and enable the organization to provide after-hours service or information in an economical way.
- Unified Communications (Email, E-Fax, EMS) - Hosted PBX providers offer organizations the opportunity to unify their communication tools and mediums. For example, all system voice mail messages can be forwarded to one or more users via email. Additionally, E-Fax services can be integrated with the Hosted PBX system, eliminating the need for analog, paper-based fax machines.
- Users with a home broadband connection can plug in their phone and access the same features available in the office.
- Users who travel frequently can install a 3rd-party SIP Client add-on to take their number /extension with them and operate as if they were still in the office.
- Administrators can access a web portal for their corporate directory, to view call logs, and to set up find me services. These features provide the means for remote users to effectively work while at home or traveling.